Our visit with Miranda and Ralph seems far in the past now, though it has only been a few weeks since they left. Below are some other highlights from the visit:
- Fun at Canada's Wonderland with Caitlin, David, Amber, Aaron, Miranda and Ralph
- Other adventures in Toronto, including visiting the Drake Hotel, staying at the Gladstone while recouperating from the flight to Canada and visiting Amber and Joey in their humble abode
- An afternoon visit and supper with Steven, Caroline and Alex in their newly renovated home
- A visit with Miranda's high school friend, Laura Grice
- A day in Stratford with Laura Northey where we enjoyed Music Man, supper out and a stroll along the "swany" Avon
- Miranda got to reconnect with a Legislative Page peer from her grade 8 stint in Toronto; John works in a restaurant in Kitchener so we joined him for lunch one day
- An afternoon at Hamilton's African Lion Safari
- Lunch in Elora shopping and watching some high school kids jump into the quarry
- Touring St Jacobs Market, the town of St Jacobs and the Mennonite Museum
- A visit to the lovely McMichaels Art Gallery in Kleinberg
- Getting sandwiched in my van en route to the bus station; Ralph got a whip lash which required several trips to the chiropractor and in the end I got to buy a new Dodge Caravan
- Checking out real estate and the lay of the land in the Kitchener Waterloo area.
Yes you heard me right. The good news from this visit was the fact that Miranda and Ralph are considering moving to Canada in a few years. We are thrilled with this prospect as we had thought our daughter would be in Austalia forever.
So we are left with some wonderful summer memories of flowers and festivities, hugs and laughter, family and friends and even some relaxing times eating outside and lounging around the pool. It was good to reconnect with Miranda, to feel the warm fuzzies being with her evokes, to see her happy and missing us and to just be grateful for the wonderful moments shared and bask in that glow.
click here or hit back button to return to VISIT FROM DOWN UNDER article